various unreleased studio material - Pegboy 1002 - sb6
1) A Love For You - Recorded during the Ram sessions of 1971
2) My Carnival - Recorded during the New Orleans Venus and Mars sessions which took place at Alan Toussaint's Sea Saint Studios
3) Waterspout - Recorded during the London Town sessions and at one time scheduled to appear on All the Best
4) Mama's Little Girl - Recorded in 1972, intended for the "James Paul McCartney" TV special.
5) Night Out - Recorded during the Red Rose Speedway sessions.
6) Robber's Ball - Recorded during the Back to the Egg sessions.
7) Cage - Recorded during the Back to the Egg sessions.
8) Did We Meet Somewhere Before? - Composed for, and rejected from, the 1978 film "Heaven Can Wait"
9) Hey Diddle - Begun in 1972, completed during 1974 Nashville sessions.
10) Tragedy - Recorded during the Red Rose Speedway sessions.
11) Best Friend - Live, Belgium 1972, for intended live 2nd disc of Red Rose Speedway.
12) Same Time Next Year - Composed for, and rejected from, the 1978 film of the same name.
Notes: Cold Cuts is probably the best known unissued McCartney project. With a canon of unreleased music, Paul needed an outlet for this material. The original concept was a 2-record set - one disc of hits and a second disc of "leftovers" - as in Hot Hits and Kold Kutz. Three finished lineups of the unreleased material have surfaced, beginning in 1978. Due to record company pressures, the project was not completed and Wings Greatest was released for the Christmas market.
Now just known as Cold Cuts, the project was attempted again following the Back to the Egg sessions. After various configurations, a final assembly was created in October of 1980, as McCartney gathered the current Wings band to polish up some of the older tracks. But the death of John Lennon caused the project to be shelved again.
In 1987 additional production work was done by Paul and co-producer Chris Thomas. They remixed two tracks, "Mama's Little Girl" and "Same Time Next Year". Although Cold Cuts again went back to the shelf, these two tracks appeared on the "Put it There" single in 1990.
This set is the 'final' 1980 version, assembled from the best available sources.